Debra Rosenberg joined Damien R. Frost & Associates in January of 2012. Ms. Rosenberg was called to the Bar of Ontario in 2009, after receiving her J.D. from Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. Like Mr. Frost, Ms Rosenberg began her legal career with the Attorney General's office at the Crown Law Office – Criminal. As a summer student and then articling student, she assisted crown counsel in matters at all levels of court, from the Ontario Court of Justice up to the Supreme Court of Canada. During that time, she also prosecuted traffic offences on behalf of the province. After her call to the bar, Ms Rosenberg continued to work for the government as legal counsel for the Catholic Children's Aid Society of Toronto (CCAS).
At the completion of her contract at CCAS in April 2010, Ms Rosenberg decided to return to criminal law and to the Ministry of the Attorney General for Ontario, this time as an Assistant Crown Attorney. From that time until she joined Damien R. Frost & Associates, Ms Rosenberg represented the Crown at the Ontario Court of Justice in Downtown Toronto, Peel and Etobicoke and dealt with a variety of criminal code offences, including: property offences, violent offences, offences of dishonesty, and offences against the administration of justice. Additionally, Ms Rosenberg acted for the crown in a number of proceedings under the Youth Criminal Justice Act (prosecutions involving accused under the age of 18).
Ms Rosenberg assists Mr. Frost in all categories of cases and also carries her own cases. By calling on Ms Rosenberg to assist, where appropriate, Damien R. Frost and Associates provides the highest quality of representation in the most cost-effective manner.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Professional Discipline
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ontario, 2009
- Queen's University, Faculty of Law, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- J.D. - December, 2008
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
- B.A. - 2004
Past Employment Positions
- Downtown Toronto Crown Attorney's Office, Assistant Crown Attorney, January 10, 2011 - September 30, 2011
- Downtown Toronto and Etobicoke Crown Attorney's Offices, Per Diem Assistant Crown Attorney, 2010 - 2011
- Peel Crown Attorney's Office, Assistant Crown Attorney, 2010
- Catholic Children's Aid Society of Toronto, Legal Counsel, 2009 - 2010
- Crown Law Office – Criminal, 720 Bay St., Toronto, Articling Student , 2008 - 2009
- Crown Law Office – Criminal, 720 Bay St., Toronto, Summer student, 2006