AUDIOLOGIST DEFENCE LAWYERS
Addressing College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario Complaints, Investigations and Disciplinary Actions
If you are an Audiologist and have been notified of a complaint, investigation or disciplinary action at the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario (“CASLPO”) you should contact a lawyer immediately.
If you are the subject of a complaint, you have the right to receive notice of the complaint and make written submissions in response. Your response will be considered by the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee (“the ICRC”) of the College. The ICRC will decide whether or not to send your matter to the Discipline Committee for a hearing.
Damien Frost & Associates LLP will ensure that your rights are protected and give you the best chance of avoiding a discipline hearing.
College of Audiologists Complaints Lawyers Ontario
If you are notified that you are the subject of an investigation by CASLPO, you should contact a lawyer before speaking with a College investigator. A lawyer will communicate with the investigator on your behalf and inform you of your rights and obligations.
Once an investigation is complete, you have the right to receive the Report of Investigation and provide a response. It is in your interests to have a lawyer respond on your behalf to protect your reputation, rights, and interests. Your response will be considered by the ICRC, which has the power to refer your matter to the Discipline Committee for a hearing.
If you have received a Notice of Hearing, it means that allegations of professional misconduct have been referred to the Discipline Committee for a hearing. A hearing before the Discipline Committee is just like a trial, where your career and professional standing will be on the line. Like any other trial, you should have legal representation. There are a wide range of penalties that can be imposed by the Discipline Committee. For example, the Discipline Committee could:
- revoke your certificate of registration;
- suspend your certificate of registration;
- impose terms, conditions and limitations on your certificate of registration for a specific or indefinite period of time;
- require you to appear for a reprimand;
- require you to pay a fine of up to $35,000; and
- require you to pay the costs and expenses of the investigation and the legal costs and expenses of the hearing
Discipline hearings are open to the public and their outcomes are posted on CASLPO’s website. This can have a significant impact on your personal and professional reputation. It is crucial to have experienced legal counsel representing you along the way. Click here to contact Damien Frost & Associates LLP for a free consultation.
I was accused by my former employer of interfering and damaging their computer systems. I was charged under the Criminal Code for mischief, unauthorized access and destruction of data, which was a very scary, stressful, and upsetting experience. I thought that my world was over and all the hard work I had done in my life was coming to an end. Mr. Frost's initial consultation (which was no obligation and free of charge) helped a lot to calm my nerves and comfort me and my family in trying times. His team was very understanding, sympathetic, concerned and supporting, she always took my frantic phone calls with calmness and assurance and helped me understand the progress of my case clearly. At every step, I received sound professional advice. At the end of the case, the charges were dropped. As a result, I do not have a criminal record, my reputation is intact, and my current job is still secure. Words cannot truly express my gratitude for having such amazing lawyers. From explaining the terminology used in court, to sitting with me outside the court room when I couldn't hold back my tears, they stood by my side. Thank you for exceeding my expectations, and then some.J.S.
Areas of Practice
- Health Care Professionals
- Audiologist Defence
- Chiropractor Defence
- Dental Hygienist Defence
- Naturopathic Doctor and Naturopath Defence
- Occupational Therapist Defence
- Optician Defence
- Optometrists Defence
- Pharmacists Defence
- Physiotherapist Defence
- Private Health Care Clinics
- Registered Massage Therapists Defence
- Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurse Defence
- Registered Psychotherapist Defence
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturist Defence
- Professional Licensing and Discipline
- Health Professions Appeal and Review Board Legal Counsel
- White Collar Criminal Defence
- Insurance Fraud
- Appeals and Judicial Review
- Regulatory Offences and Defending Corporate Clients
- Legal Consulting Services
Members of The Criminal Lawyers Association, Toronto Lawyers Association, Ontario Bar Association
and Advocates' Society.