OPTICIAN DEFENCE LAWYERS
Optician Defence Lawyers – Addressing Regulatory Concern from The College of Opticians
The College of Opticians of Ontario has a mandate to protect the public. In doing so, they investigate and prosecute opticians for acts of professional misconduct. If you are the subject of an investigation, report or complaint to the College of Opticians, you should contact a lawyer immediately.
Damien Frost & Associates LLP represents opticians who are facing complaints or allegations of professional misconduct by the College of Opticians.
If a complaint has been made, you will receive a notice of complaint and you will be asked to provide a response in writing. Your response along with a copy of the complaint will then be provided to the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee (“the ICRC”) of the College to determine whether your matter should be referred to the Discipline Committee for a hearing. Given the importance of your response, you should have a lawyer assist you by responding on your behalf to the ICRC. This will ensure that your rights are protected and that anything submitted to the College cannot be used against you in the future.
College of Opticians Lawyers
If you are facing a Discipline Hearing at the College of Opticians of Ontario, you should be represented by legal counsel. A Discipline Hearing is just like a trial and your professional standing, reputation, and career are on the line. The Discipline Committee of the College of Opticians of Ontario has the power to: :
- revoke your certificate of registration;
- suspend your certificate of registration;
- impose terms, conditions and limitations on your certificate of registration for a specific or indefinite period of time;
- require you to appear for a reprimand;
- require you to pay a fine of up to $35,000; and
- require you to pay the costs and expenses of the investigation and the legal costs and expenses of the hearing
Click here to contact Damien Frost & Associates LLP for a free consultation if you are the subject of a disciplinary proceeding, a complaint or an investigation by the College of Opticians of Ontario.
I was accused by my former employer of interfering and damaging their computer systems. I was charged under the Criminal Code for mischief, unauthorized access and destruction of data, which was a very scary, stressful, and upsetting experience. I thought that my world was over and all the hard work I had done in my life was coming to an end. Mr. Frost's initial consultation (which was no obligation and free of charge) helped a lot to calm my nerves and comfort me and my family in trying times. His team was very understanding, sympathetic, concerned and supporting, she always took my frantic phone calls with calmness and assurance and helped me understand the progress of my case clearly. At every step, I received sound professional advice. At the end of the case, the charges were dropped. As a result, I do not have a criminal record, my reputation is intact, and my current job is still secure. Words cannot truly express my gratitude for having such amazing lawyers. From explaining the terminology used in court, to sitting with me outside the court room when I couldn't hold back my tears, they stood by my side. Thank you for exceeding my expectations, and then some.J.S.
Areas of Practice
- Health Care Professionals
- Audiologist Defence
- Chiropractor Defence
- Dental Hygienist Defence
- Naturopathic Doctor and Naturopath Defence
- Occupational Therapist Defence
- Optician Defence
- Optometrists Defence
- Pharmacists Defence
- Physiotherapist Defence
- Private Health Care Clinics
- Registered Massage Therapists Defence
- Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurse Defence
- Registered Psychotherapist Defence
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturist Defence
- Professional Licensing and Discipline
- Health Professions Appeal and Review Board Legal Counsel
- White Collar Criminal Defence
- Insurance Fraud
- Appeals and Judicial Review
- Regulatory Offences and Defending Corporate Clients
- Legal Consulting Services
Members of The Criminal Lawyers Association, Toronto Lawyers Association, Ontario Bar Association
and Advocates' Society.