CHIROPRACTOR DEFENCE LAWYERS
College of Chiropractors of Ontario – Complaints, Investigations and Professional Misconduct
Chiropractors are governed by the College of Chiropractors of Ontario (“the CCO”). The CCO’s mandate is the protection of the public. In doing so, the CCO investigates complaints, reports, and allegations of professional misconduct.
If the CCO has received a complaint about you, you have the right to receive a copy of the complaint and respond to it. The complaint and your response will be provided to the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee (“the ICRC”) of the CCO. The ICRC has the power to decide whether your matter will be sent to the Discipline Committee for a hearing. If you provide your own response to the complaint, that response can be used against you by the College at a Discipline Hearing or in any other proceeding. Our firm has significant experience responding to complaints on behalf of Chiropractors in order to protect their rights and interests.
Lawyers for Chiropractors
You may be the subject of an investigation by the CCO or by an insurance company. Undercover investigations by the CCO and insurance companies can and do occur. If you have been notified that you are the subject of an investigation, or believe that you may be the subject of an investigation, our firm can represent you throughout the process to protect your career, professional reputation, and your interests. It is crucial to get legal assistance to avoid having an insurance company delist you or your clinic.
If you are the subject of a discipline proceeding, you will receive a Notice of Hearing, which will also be posted publicly on the CCO’s website. A Discipline Hearing is just like a trial or court hearing. The Discipline Committee of the CCO has the power to:
- revoke your certificate of registration;
- suspend your certificate of registration;
- impose terms, conditions and limitations on your certificate of registration for a specific or indefinite period of time;
- require you to appear for a reprimand;
- require you to pay a fine of up to $35,000; and
- require you to pay the costs and expenses of the investigation and the legal costs and expenses of the hearing
Our firm has significant experience representing Chiropractors who are the subject of complaints, investigation and Discipline Hearings.
I was accused by my former employer of interfering and damaging their computer systems. I was charged under the Criminal Code for mischief, unauthorized access and destruction of data, which was a very scary, stressful, and upsetting experience. I thought that my world was over and all the hard work I had done in my life was coming to an end. Mr. Frost's initial consultation (which was no obligation and free of charge) helped a lot to calm my nerves and comfort me and my family in trying times. His team was very understanding, sympathetic, concerned and supporting, she always took my frantic phone calls with calmness and assurance and helped me understand the progress of my case clearly. At every step, I received sound professional advice. At the end of the case, the charges were dropped. As a result, I do not have a criminal record, my reputation is intact, and my current job is still secure. Words cannot truly express my gratitude for having such amazing lawyers. From explaining the terminology used in court, to sitting with me outside the court room when I couldn't hold back my tears, they stood by my side. Thank you for exceeding my expectations, and then some.J.S.
Areas of Practice
- Health Care Professionals
- Audiologist Defence
- Chiropractor Defence
- Dental Hygienist Defence
- Naturopathic Doctor and Naturopath Defence
- Occupational Therapist Defence
- Optician Defence
- Optometrists Defence
- Pharmacists Defence
- Physiotherapist Defence
- Private Health Care Clinics
- Registered Massage Therapists Defence
- Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurse Defence
- Registered Psychotherapist Defence
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturist Defence
- Professional Licensing and Discipline
- Health Professions Appeal and Review Board Legal Counsel
- White Collar Criminal Defence
- Insurance Fraud
- Appeals and Judicial Review
- Regulatory Offences and Defending Corporate Clients
- Legal Consulting Services
Members of The Criminal Lawyers Association, Toronto Lawyers Association, Ontario Bar Association
and Advocates' Society.