ONTARIO HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN (OHIP) FRAUD LAWYERS
Ontario Health Insurance Plan Fraud Lawyers Based in Toronto, Servicing Clients Across Ontario.
If you have been notified that you are under investigation for Ontario Health Insurance Plan (“OHIP”) fraud, you should contact a lawyer immediately. It is imperative that you are aware of your rights, obligations and risks, as you will be asked to provide sensitive and personal information to the government.
OHIP is governed by the Health Insurance Act. Under that Act, you must uphold all eligibility criteria in order to continue accessing government funded healthcare in Ontario.
If you are being investigated, you must prove that you meet the eligibility criteria set out in the Health Insurance Act. This criteria includes:
- Being a Canadian citizen or have an immigration status;
- Ontario is your primary place of residence; and
- You must be physically present in Ontario for a minimum amount of time
Most people are unaware that if they don’t meet the eligibility criteria, they must stop using their health card and notify Service Ontario. The failure to do so may result in your file to be referred to police for investigation.
Damien Frost & Associates LLP represents individuals who are being investigated for OHIP fraud. Click here to contact our office for a free consultation if you have been notified that you are being investigated or you have been asked to provide information to the government.
I was accused by my former employer of interfering and damaging their computer systems. I was charged under the Criminal Code for mischief, unauthorized access and destruction of data, which was a very scary, stressful, and upsetting experience. I thought that my world was over and all the hard work I had done in my life was coming to an end. Mr. Frost's initial consultation (which was no obligation and free of charge) helped a lot to calm my nerves and comfort me and my family in trying times. His team was very understanding, sympathetic, concerned and supporting, she always took my frantic phone calls with calmness and assurance and helped me understand the progress of my case clearly. At every step, I received sound professional advice. At the end of the case, the charges were dropped. As a result, I do not have a criminal record, my reputation is intact, and my current job is still secure. Words cannot truly express my gratitude for having such amazing lawyers. From explaining the terminology used in court, to sitting with me outside the court room when I couldn't hold back my tears, they stood by my side. Thank you for exceeding my expectations, and then some.J.S.
Areas of Practice
- Health Care Professionals
- Audiologist Defence
- Chiropractor Defence
- Dental Hygienist Defence
- Naturopathic Doctor and Naturopath Defence
- Occupational Therapist Defence
- Optician Defence
- Optometrists Defence
- Pharmacists Defence
- Physiotherapist Defence
- Private Health Care Clinics
- Registered Massage Therapists Defence
- Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurse Defence
- Registered Psychotherapist Defence
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturist Defence
- Professional Licensing and Discipline
- Health Professions Appeal and Review Board Legal Counsel
- White Collar Criminal Defence
- Insurance Fraud
- Appeals and Judicial Review
- Regulatory Offences and Defending Corporate Clients
- Legal Consulting Services
Members of The Criminal Lawyers Association, Toronto Lawyers Association, Ontario Bar Association
and Advocates' Society.