Daniel R. Libman
To book a free consultation click here
Daniel specializes in criminal, regulatory, and administrative law trials and appeals. As an experienced litigator, Daniel has argued criminal and regulatory cases both on behalf of the crown and defendants. He maintains a diverse practice, from white collar criminal matters to judicial reviews and professional discipline hearings for health care professionals such as Pharmacists, Chiropractors, Nurses, Registered Massage Therapists, Registered Psychotherapists and others. Daniel defends health care professionals by fighting to keep their practice and licence in good standing before Complaints and Discipline Committees. Daniel also represents health care clinics, as well as individuals, that are being investigated by insurance companies for allegations of insurance benefits fraud. Daniel became a partner with the firm in 2017.
Daniel has written about current criminal and regulatory matters, with legal articles published in the Criminal Reports and RegQuest Reports. Daniel has been a guest lecturer at various law schools in Ontario and, most recently, taught Criminal Law and Procedure at Humber College’s paralegal studies program.
Daniel Libman completed his Bachelor of Arts with an Honours Specialization in political science at the University of Western Ontario in 2008. In 2012, he completed his Juris Doctor at the University of Windsor. Daniel is a member of the Friends of Algonquin Park and the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada. When Daniel is not in the office he enjoys playing hockey and going on canoe trips.
Areas of Practice
- Health Care Professionals
- Audiologist Defence
- Chiropractor Defence
- Dental Hygienist Defence
- Naturopathic Doctor and Naturopath Defence
- Occupational Therapist Defence
- Optician Defence
- Optometrists Defence
- Pharmacists Defence
- Physiotherapist Defence
- Private Health Care Clinics
- Registered Massage Therapists Defence
- Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurse Defence
- Registered Psychotherapist Defence
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturist Defence
- Professional Licensing and Discipline
- Health Professions Appeal and Review Board Legal Counsel
- White Collar Criminal Defence
- Insurance Fraud
- Appeals and Judicial Review
- Regulatory Offences and Defending Corporate Clients
- Legal Consulting Services
Members of The Criminal Lawyers Association, Toronto Lawyers Association, Ontario Bar Association
and Advocates' Society.