FINTRAC Compliance LAWYERS
Toronto Based FINTRAC Compliance Lawyers, Servicing Clients Across Ontario.
Our firm is uniquely positioned to advise and assist businesses throughout Ontario with respect to their obligations under FINTRAC and PCMLTAF. FINTRAC, the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada, was created under the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA). That legislation requires certain businesses to identify, report and respond to certain types of financial transactions. Failure to do so may involve substantial penalties. A formal policy and record keeping regime is mandated.
Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing Assistance
Your business may be required to develop and implement written Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Anti-Terrorism Financing (ATF) policies and procedures, and train staff. Damien R. Frost has represented both the Federal and Provincial Crown and has ongoing relations with the RCMP unit responsible for enforcing this legislation. We know what the regulators expect by way of compliance.
Under this legislation, onerous compliance and reporting obligations are imposed on a wide range of businesses, especially those involved in international trade or finance, including:
- financial entities such as banks, credit unions, and trust companies;
- life insurance companies, brokers and agents;
- financial services
- securities dealers;
- accountants and accounting firms;
- real estate brokers, sales representatives and developers;
- dealers in precious metals and stones;
FINTRAC Due Diligence
Our firm can provide a compliance package including designated and specific employee training and the forms required for reporting. More importantly we provide 24/7 advice when faced with a compliance or reporting issue. Your due diligence obligations can be met and exceeded without creating a compliance division or a compliance officer. You can rest assured that compliance with FINTRAC and PCMLTAF does not require unexpected, excessive and open-ended legal expenses. We ensure no-worry advice and assistance for a fixed startup cost – dependent upon the nature and size of your business, and an affordable fixed monthly cost thereafter.
Protect Your Business Against Substantial Penalties
Contact Damien R. Frost & Associates at 416-923-1900 to schedule a free consultation regarding our FINTRAC and PCMLTAF compliance packages.
We were very pleased with Mr. Frost’s representation. He provided us with the best possible legal representation. He was dedicated to obtaining a tremendous resolution in what was complex litigation while being always mindful that we required a cost-effective solution.B.B.
Areas of Practice
- Health Care Professionals
- Audiologist Defence
- Chiropractor Defence
- Dental Hygienist Defence
- Naturopathic Doctor and Naturopath Defence
- Occupational Therapist Defence
- Optician Defence
- Optometrists Defence
- Pharmacists Defence
- Physiotherapist Defence
- Private Health Care Clinics
- Registered Massage Therapists Defence
- Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurse Defence
- Registered Psychotherapist Defence
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturist Defence
- Professional Licensing and Discipline
- Health Professions Appeal and Review Board Legal Counsel
- White Collar Criminal Defence
- Insurance Fraud
- Appeals and Judicial Review
- Regulatory Offences and Defending Corporate Clients
- Legal Consulting Services
Members of The Criminal Lawyers Association, Toronto Lawyers Association, Ontario Bar Association
and Advocates' Society.